Wild Mountain Guides Terms and Conditions
Wild Mountain Guides is the trading name used by Highland First Aid Ltd, SC 592363 C, registered office 7 Pobs Drive, Corpach, Fort William, Highlands, PH33 7JP, Scotland.
- All our guides, instructors & coaches have been trained and assessed to the highest standards of the National Governing Bodies in the UK or international equivalent. They are fully qualified within the remit of the awards which they hold. We take every precaution to assess, evaluate & manage the risk in the environment we take you, but participants are reminded that while a guide will try to manage risks there is always still risk involved to the participant of injury or death.
- The activities that Wild Mountain Guides offers are all delivered following the guidelines as outlined in the company Standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments. However, as with any physical activity, there remains a degree of risk and the Activity can be physically, mentally and emotionally demanding.
- By booking with Wild Mountain Guides you are agreeing to have carefully considered all of the risks involved in undertaking the Activity.
- By booking with Wild Mountain Guides you understand that Wild Mountain Guides accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or injury caused by or during participation in the Activity, except where the loss, damage or injury was caused directly by Wild Mountain Guides’ negligence.
- It is reminded that your guide has a duty of care while under supervision on your course and he/she will advise you of what to do. If you choose not to listen to the advice of your guide then the ‘duty of care’ has been revoked and your actions and any consequences to you or others around you will be your own actions.
- Our advertised courses and expeditions are open to anyone of appropriate and relevant experience. Participants under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times.
- Our Guides, Instructors and Leaders reserve the right to exclude any member from the participation in planned activities if he or she might endanger the success or safety of the rest of the party through lack of fitness, ill-health, dangerous technique or believed to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. We can make no refunds of fees paid to members so excluded.
- All our guides are covered by Public Liability Insurance and Professional Indemnity Insurance. This does not include personal accident or belongings insurance. Participants should arrange their own cancellation insurance.
- Before the activity can start you will be asked to complete a medical form that also includes other basic information, this is essential and failure to disclose any relevant medical information may affect you and others safety.
- Our guides will endeavour where possible to take photos of you out on your chosen activity, these will be available to you for your own reasonable use, i.e. social media, but not for commercial use without Wild Guides express permission.
- By booking with Wild Mountain Guides you agree to these photos being used for the promotion of Wild Mountain Guides, both on our website and social media. If you would prefer photos of you not be used please inform your guide before your trip by ticking the “no use of photos” on the medical and information form, you will be asked to complete this before the activity starts.
Booking and Cancellation
- Bookings are not confirmed until 25% deposit is paid and booking form details have been received, full payment is required 14 days before the start date of the course.
- If you need to cancel more than 14 days before the course starts we will refund you 50% of the deposit or amount paid, within 10 days of the course 25% of the deposit or amount paid and if within 7 days of the start date there will be no refund.
Cancellation by Wild Mountain Guides
- Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that advertised courses/activities actually run, Wild Mountain Guides will notify the customer of cancellation as soon as feasible where it believes that cancellation is necessary due to dangerous and/or unsuitable conditions for the advertised course/activity and other alternative options.
- In the event of cancellation by Wild Mountain Guides for reasons listed in the previous term, customers will be offered the choice of the following options:
- A full refund of the guiding or instructional fee paid;
- Another booking on a different date
- The option of an alternative activity on the same date.
- Covid-19 government travel restrictions make it impossible to travel you will receive a full refund of the fee paid or a course on different dates.
- Wild Mountain Guides accepts no liability for the consequences of strikes, riots, acts of war or terrorism, disease outbreaks, government intervention, natural disasters or adverse weather conditions. If such occurrences cause us to have to cancel a course or trip we will offer an alternative holiday if possible, but accept no liability for the return of fees paid prior to cancellation or curtailment.
Please note that we are unable to refund any associated costs, such as accommodation or transport costs.
Qualified, with in-depth experience of the Scottish mountains. Our main guide has spent decades working in the mountains.
Just You and Your Friends
We work with small groups. All our bookings are just for you so the adventure is focused on your needs, not diluted by a big group.
Add 4k video with royalty paid music of your choice, so you can have more than memories.
Just turn up with your boots, clothing and food. We provide any equipment needed. We’ll even send you the photos!
Phone: +44 (0) 7542 221937
Wild Mountain Guides, Pobs Drive, Corpach, Fort William, Highlands, Scotland, PH33 7JP
Wild Mountain Guides is a trading name of HIGHLAND FIRST AID LTD SC592363